Thursday, March 8, 2012

25 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

1.  In my 20’s, I delivered singing balloon-o-grams for a living.

2.  I met Red Skelton at the Raleigh-Durham airport, eons ago.  He wore a lot of Black Hills Gold      
     jewelry, which was also a favorite of my mother's.

3.  I’m a big fan of tater tots and I don’t eat them nearly enough.

4.  I can’t follow a knitting pattern to save my life.

5.  There was a time when I could play “Bohemian Rhapsody,” in its entirety, on the piano.

6.  I love Neil Diamond, Glen Campbell and Barry Manilow.

7.  I love Elton John more.

8.  I was devastated when I didn’t get the heart-shaped, rose-colored glasses (a la Elton) that I wanted for          
    my 15th birthday.

9.  I sleep best with the windows open and the fan going full-blast.

10.  The first concert I went to was to see Loggins and Messina at Barton Hall in Ithaca, NY in the early
       '70's. Peace, love, and macrame....Danny's Song forever!

11.  I am blind without my glasses.

12.  It’s been 25 years since I’ve had a drink of alcohol.

13.  I’ve had a knack for giving people nicknames since I was a child.

14.  I collect religious memorabilia, but think I’m done with it.

15.  No matter what I do, my houseplants always die.

16.  I’ve rarely met a shoe I didn’t like.

17.  I hitchhiked from NY to FLA, with a girlfriend, when I was 19--and lived to tell...and I will!

18.  My younger sister and I made up our own vocabulary when we were kids; we can go there in an
       instant.

19.  I would walk a mile for some Chick-Fil-A.

20.  I used to sing and play guitar in a neo-country band (The Gringo Girls), in Chapel Hill, NC, in the
       '90's. Cowboy boots and fringe, baby!

21.  Robert Downey, Jr. is my idea of the perfect man.

22.  I wish I had married into a big Italian family.

23.  My favorite person in the world is my daughter. (Duh! Maybe stretching the “random” a bit...)

 24.  I snacked on Milkbone dog biscuits as a toddler, much to my family’s amusement.

25.  I need the sun to feel truly healthy and happy.

4 comments: